Belvedere Elementary School was founded in 1887. Beginning as a one-room school, by the turn of the century, it boasted an ornately-imposing, sixteen-room building of the favored architectural styles of the era.
Belvedere township was a large and important area in the early days; it included the territory that in 1902 became the thriving town of Montebello.
In 1912, Belvedere School became part of the Los Angeles City School District (later to become the Los Angeles Unified School District).
Today, Belvedere Elementary School serves nearly 800 students. Belvedere Elementary strives to develop students into strong thinkers, leaders, and change makers for their community.